Saturday, March 10, 2007

BJ's Wild for the Beach



With the sudden hot explosion of Spring-like weather here in Chicago, I can't help thinking about going to the beach. Even though I've lived in the Midwest all my life, if there's a beach nearby, you can't keep BJ away! I don't care if it's a lake, a river, or a fjord--I will be there and I will be fabulous.

However, what is decidedly unfabulous is the winter and holiday weight I still haven't shed. I'm sure many of you are in the same situation: you don't have the metabilism of a teenage boy, you never did, and you can't stand to look at teenage boys because of their damn chicken legs and Cambodian waistlines, but even though you can't stand it, you also can't manage to look away.

As I hit the treadmill, I need an energetic dance playlist to pump me up, get my blood flowing, and encourage me that all the sweat will be worth it when I make my beach debut.

Working Out with BJ
Rednex: "Cotton Eye Joe"
Darude: "Sandstorm"
2 Unlimited: "No Limit"
Cascada: "Every Time We Touch"
Vengaboys: "Boom Boom Boom Boom"
Technotronic: "Pump Up the Jam"
La Bouche: "Be My Lover"
Ace of Base: "Beautiful Life"
Debbie Gibson: "Shake Your Love"
Kim Sozzi: "Alone"
Aqua: "Dr Jones"
Ashley Simpson: "Dancing Alone"
Avril Lavigne: "Girlfriend"
Bang!: "Superhero"
Enigma: "Return to Innocence"
Ladytron: "Seventeen"
Postal Service: "Such Great Heights"
Chemical Brothers: "Block Rockin' Beats"
Madonna: "The Power of Goodbye (dance remix)"
The Go-Go's: "Vacation"

1 comment:

Jane E. said...

Did I make that mix for you, BJ, or was it you who stole my Jock Jams vol. 4 CD? Oooh, bitch...