Friday, March 23, 2007

Big-Screen BJ for March 23, 2007



Another one bites the wagon! Hot piece of man/boy-meat Jesse Metcalfe joined the ever-growing list of celebrities in rehab this week. Rehab is the hottest trend since the heydey of UGGs! I'm going to have to dive into a bottle of Cabana Boy and see if I can qualify myself. However, with Brit and Lindsay, it's obvious that there are drug and alcohol problems up the wazoo justifying the rehab. With Jesse, though? Does he look like he would dare consume the calories? Is there a special calorie-free liquor available only to John Tucker? I have a strong feeling that the "rehab" he's going to is for something other than hitting the bottle. Hint: replace "hitting" with "sucking," and you'll be on the right track. Best wishes!



Oh, the memories! That picture certainly gave me lots of good vibrations when I was a troubled adolescent. Anyway, it's old news that Marky overcame his 80's lameness and is now a huge, ultrahot star. Today his new film Shooter opens. When I first heard the title, I hoped it was inspired by the classic song by Rednex. If they had a second hit after "Cotton Eye Joe," "Shooter" would've been a great choice. Unfortunately, though, this movie is some stupid political thriller about a guy who gets framed for trying to assassinte the president. To make matters worse, Marky's characters is named Bob Lee Swagger. That sounds like a bag drag king! I think I'll skip this one.



Rounding out the trifecta of hunky manliness this week is another blast from the past: TMNT! Personally, I think it's bodacious and dudical that these surfer-speaking heroes are back! I have to say, if I was going to swing with a female cartoon, April wouldn't be too low on the list. But those hot, phallic weapons! I must say, Leonardo can impail me with his bo anytime. I'm sure this movie will be awful, but I'm still going to indulge my nostalgia as soon as I have time to step away from the World Figure Skating Championships. Speaking of which:

An Apologetic BJ

In my figure skating excitement yesterday, I accidentally reported that ESPN was showign the pairs event last night. It was actually the original dance. Aplogize to anyone whose life was ruined by this mistake. In fact, ESPN isn't covering the pairs competition at all until the 31st, after every other event including the exhibition! Could this be because pairs is the one thing the U.S. has no medal chance in? I am infuriated, but I will wait until the 31st unspoiled because I love the Chinese pairs and I can't wait to see their throw quads and lifts and all the fantasy!

I'll talk more over the weekend about this incredible event, including last night's men's finale. Johnny disappointed, Daisuke thrilled, and Brian took it home (but, for once, kept his shirt on--boo hoo).

No comments: