Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Small-Screen BJ for March 13, 2007

This week, the DVD excitement has forced me to switch my Tuesday and Wednesday features! Sorry for the confusion, but stay turned for the audio round-up tomorrow, and sit back and enjoy:

An Unpredictable BJ



What is it with barely legal (and, in the case of Daniel Radcliffe, nude and underage) Brits these days? The hot streak continues with today's DVD release of Eragon, starring boarding school bombshell Ed Speleers. This boy can ride my dragon anytime! But, seriously, I've never been too much into that whole fantasy thing. Crystals, unicorns, drarves, and wizards . . . I just don't get it. I mean, between the unicorn horns and the magic wands, it's no surprise that one of the most popular magic spells help these sorcerors ride the dragon bareback with safety, but the whole D and D thing just has bad associations. Anyway, I'm going to plan on watching this movie for the CGI effects (that's my public statement and you can't prove otherwise).



Why can't Leo still look like this? Sure, he might not have as easy a time scoring "serious" roles or whatever, but I miss the cute boy who didn't have the bloat, the facial hair, the convincing heterosexuality. Anyway, Leo's the star of today's hottest DVD release, The Blood Diamond. Oh, director Edward Zwick, you are so talented at tackling social issues! Who would've known the diamond industry had such a seedy underbelly (and I'm not talking about Leo's!). I learned something, I got to ogle Djimon Hounsou, and I tried to see if Jennifer Connelly's womanly parts had any permanent damage from that horrific scene in Requiem for a Dream.

Now it's time for another edition of:

Thanks for the BJ Memories

It's the first day of Spring, and what could be more Springy than a classic musical filled with catchy tunes, Hollywood legends, and, most importantly, Judy?



Easter Parade may not be one of the most famous musical of its time, but it is still a great sing-along experience. Have a few gay friends over, put on your laciest bonnet, and pop it in the DVD player and you've got an evening of entertainment!

Unfortunately, it was difficult for me to enjoy this movie for several years, because when I was 15, I participated in the Easter Parade in the neighboring town of Story City, IA. I was dressed as the Goddess of Spring, wearing a flowing pale green dress and carrying a magic wand that was actually a Star Wars promotional light sabre. My tiara was a Burker King birthday crown decorated with my Bedazzler and a hint of puff paint. Needless to say, the good people of the Roland/Story City area were not ready for my fairy goddess, and I barely avoided a public beating. However, I have put all that behind me . . . for Judy!

No comments: