Thursday, March 22, 2007

BJ's Giant Clicker for March 22, 2007



If the "American Idol" results are infuriating you, take some advice from the faabulicious Lisa D'Amato: Relax and have a cookie! This sweet Sanjaya snack comes from the brilliant website Milkfat. Go there now, and leave them a sweet if not literally edible gift!

This week was the British Invasion on "Idol," and any obsessed AbFab fan like myself was obviously thrilled to see Lulu as the guest judge! Now if only they have Bubble performing "No Limit" and mentoring the contestants through cheesy hi-nrg dance week, my life would be complete. The show was stolen by Lulu as well as a hysterical crying girl, who apparently thought seeing Sanjaya live was the equivalent of seeing the Beatles when they were famous. Well, I don't like the Beatles and if I saw Sanjaya, I would cry from tears of horror or tears of jealously for his fabulous waistline. Anyway, LaKisha and Melinda are still my girls, and as for poor departed Stephanie, who cares? Let's hope the more annoying cannon fodder goes next, though.



Top Model, Top Model, Top Model! Jaslene flew under the radar this week, possibly because the Paris is Burning quotient rose to a new height, making her irrelevant. Benny Ninja, of whose relation to the dear R.I.P. Willi Ninja is unclear to me, taught the girls how to vogue. Benny and Sanjaya need to split a big plate of tandoori chicken wings! But the rest was fabulous. Renee spend a week trying not to be a bitch, and the photo shoot theme--dead bodies--brought out the gore, literally! I was sad to see Felicia go, but better her than Dionne, who I'm hoping makes a comeback asap.



Finally, the moment I have been waiting for for months: tonight, ESPN's coverage of the 2007 World Figure Skating Championships begins!! This is Mao Asada, the 16-year-old sensation who I'm hoping will make the hometown Tokyo crowd proud and take the women's title. The men's and pair's titles will be awarded tonight, and I'm routing for Canada or Switzerland in the former and China all the way in the latter! Check back this weekend for a very special BJ's Wild with my thoughts on this wonderful event, definitely one of the top five annual TV events for me.

No comments: